Monday, August 23, 2010

Make Clothes Not War

Borrowed from bambidextrous.blogspot.com

I can't help but notice all the fall 2010 trends that are finally in stores. I'm still a bit in love with the nautical trend from a few months back, and sort of sad to see it go (some say it isn't...), but fall is making me excited! I absolutely love all the green I've seen lately! And no, unfortunately, I do not mean that I've actually been saving money!

I'm sure you've read about (or have seen) the military trend in magazines or stores for the fall. I began reading about it first the towards the beginning of June, but I wasn't sure how well it would translate to my personal style. I won't lie, I dress a bit girly with bright fun colors all year round. My boyfriend has remarked in the past, "it looks like a rainbow has thrown up in your closet!" and he's right, it definitely has!

However, after my latest shopping trip (and seeing these camel, olive green, grommet accessorized clothes) I became a little obsessed. I would find myself gravitating towards this "New for Fall" section in almost every single shop. As a girl who loves staples pieces when it comes to jewelry, I immediately noticed that this new trend comes equipped with jewelry-like accessories already attached! The olive green and camel hues are fabulous earth tones, but can be easily paired with a pop of color to automatically brighten the look up without changing the vibe.

I've done a bit of research since returning home and I must share my new obsession!

1. Form Fitting Jackets
These come in a variety of shades and colors, but what makes them all a bit similar is the hardware accent. I love how the jackets look rich and refined, but you don't have to spend a lot of money at all! This "A-Ten-Hut" Military Jacket is only $24.80 at Forever21! The fitted style recreates shape and it can be paired with so many things! Try wearing it open and over a very fun girly fall dress or over dark wash skinny jeans and a cami. There are so many ways you can wear this jacket! And last but not least, it's functional! A fall trend that can actually keep you warm...go figure. :)
 
2.  Shirt Dresses
The concept of a shirt dress is nothing new, but I love them for this upcoming season in a variety of green and brown shades. They are comfortable and work with a wide variety of body types and tastes. I love this AGB dress on sale at Macys.com for $39.00! The 3/4 length sleeves are perfect as we ease out of August and into September and the belt adds just a touch of extra interest. You can choose black or olive to purchase it in, but I really like it in the olive color. Add a bangle bracelet or two and some great brown heels or fabulous riding boots and you're ready for the day!


3. Cargo Pants
Now you're thinking ..."um, no!" right? To be honest I've never been a big fan of the cargo pant, capri, or anything with 10,000 pockets that make my hips appear bigger and my butt broader. However, the more I investigate this idea (and try on a few pairs!) I realize how much I like it. You definitely don't have to buy a pair that's overly busy at all. I really like these Poplin Cargo Pant from Wet Seal on sale for $17.99! They come in four different colors: grey, olive, black, and khaki. Most pants of this style come in S, M, L, etc...therefore, they are perfect for those days where you have to get dressed, but would rather not! You can pair these comfortable pants with a simple long sleeved basic-t in a color of your choice and a fun simple necklace and you're good to go! I love how casual these pants are. You can wear them well into the fall, think pairing them with a cable knit sweater. I'm really excited to get my hands on a pair of these babies!
 
4.  Everyday Bags
If there is one trend to invest in for this fall, military would be it! I love investing in one great piece each season and this bag may just be what I've been looking for! Because of the use of earth tones, these military inspired bags really go with a ton of different outfits and can act as your everyday bag. I love that this Lucky Brand 'Runaway' Canvas Crossbody Bag comes in that signature olive color, but has a few touches of worn leather. This bag is big enough for everyday use and at $139 isn't a terrible price for something you plan on carrying for a few months!

5. Ankle Boots
Ankle boots have been all the rage for sometime now, however I think I'm finally warming up to the idea. I used to think that you had to have legs for miles to pull off this look, but it's simply not the case! I love these boots from ZooShoo.com by the brand Bamboo for $29.50! These heeled booties come in black or grey and are rockin' the signature military hardware! I like that can be placed under jeans, over jeans, paired with leggings, or even a dress! They are not only totally affordable, but totally versatile too!


So those are my favorite Five Must Haves for the fall when it comes to this seasons military trend. Comment me and tell me what you think!

And as always...

Tweet with me @makeup_chic
Watch me at Leira821
WIN free a free OXY Clinical set too by clicking the link above!

xo!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment