Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August Favs & Raves

Hi All -

Crazy things have been a brewin' in makeup_chic land and, when/if the chance arises, I can't wait to tell you everything!
I have a lot of videos that I must must must film, edit, and upload this week - I just hope I can do it before I go away AGAIN this weekend. Oh man, but I'm not complaining - Jersey Shore here I come! I've finally figured out how to over pack my makeup without losing my mind haha - you can check out that video here.

So let's get into the Favs & Raves:


1. Face: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Set $9.99 from Target or Amazon.com

Sonia Kashuk is a world renowned makeup artist and her line is not only successful, but raved about! I picked up this palette from Target about a week ago and since then I've been absolutely loving it. I was looking for a little bit of range, in terms of concealers, for the summer months. You get a little color, you lose a little color, and you may need to change your face routine numerous times between May and October. This palette comes with two concealer shades, one neutralizer, and one translucent powder. The product is very creamy, but not sticky. It glides on exceptionally well and it's extremely easy to use. I start with the neutralizer. You definitely don't need a lot of product to see the transformation on your skin. Once it has set for a good 20-30 seconds I add a touch of the medium shade, with my fingers, and literally watch my blemishes disappear! Then using the lightest shade and the medium shade (my skin is a bit tan right now) I pat the product underneath my eyes. I add the translucent powder over top of all areas I used the product to set it to for the day. I've always really liked Sonia Kashuk as both a brand and a makeup artist and I'm thrilled with this product!

2. Eyes: Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner $3.99 give or take at most drugstores. You can always find coupons online though.

There's no secret that I've been in love with the Maybelline Stiletto mascaras since their debut. I've used them in so many videos, you're probably sick of reading about it! On my way to get my third tube, I love this stuff and buy a new one about every two-three months depending on the use, I noticed that you could buy the Maybelline mascara with the liquid eyeliner. Loving the mascara so much, I decided to try out the liquid eyeliner. I'm very picky when it comes to liquid eyeliners, if they're too runny I hate them but they're too dry I hate them! I need the exact right combination...and this eyeliner has it! The applicator, which can be half the battle, is comfortable to hold and not too small. The eyeliner goes on smooth and does not clump at a slight hand hesitation, which is perfect for me! I really love this and I'm excited to have it in my collection!

3. Lips: Lola Lipstick in Cherie Amor $7.99 from BeautyTicket.com

I've been in love with Lola products for a very long time. From the fire engineer red packaging to the consistency of their products, I've been very pleased. I recently found BeautyTicket.com, a discount site for all our favorite makeup products/lines and quickly realized this site will be exceptionally dangerous for me haha. After I found out that they sold Lola on their site, I immediately had to check out what they had. I was drawn to this lipstick first, I'm not going to lie, by the packing. The adorable "suitcase" inspired way that this lipstick is put together struck a cord with the girly-girl in me. Attached to the lid is a mirror for easy application, which is essential for any girl on the go. I chose Cherie Amor because of pink/coral color that I'm all about this summer. I've been using it since the day it came in the mail and it's fabulous. It's quite creamy and applies very quick, smooth, and easy. The color is super vibrant and the pigment is exceptionally rich. I love how this lipstick makes my lips feel hydrated and moisturized all while giving me this great color! And at a price like $7.99 how can you beat it?

4. Cheeks: MAC's Mineralize Blush Duo in shade Band of Roses, $23.00

Now I know what you're thinking, "how could you spend $23 dollars on a freaking blush!" Well it was a bit of an impulse buy I'll admit, but to my credit lots of beauty bloggers raved about this blush - so that gets me off the hook for spending so much dough, right? I just had to try it out. Band of Roses comes in two tones, a vibrant plum and mauve-ish pink color. The pigment is ridiculously incredible and you only need a bit of the product to really make your cheeks warm up. I also really like how well it lasts, it definitely does not slide off your cheeks after 15minutes. I know that $23 is kind of ridiculous for a blush, but for me it has been worth it. For the past two weeks it has been my go-to blush. I love how the pigment radiates on my cheeks with only a little bit of product. Something well worth trying out next time you're at the MAC counter or store!

5. Cleanser/Makeup Remover: Neutrogena Ultra Soft Eye Makeup Remover Pads, $7.00 give or take at most drug stores and Amazon.com.


These are great for after you've washed your face, but there's a little mascara or eyeliner left on your eyes. They're a relatively small size, so you don't feel like you're wasting product. They're also pre-moistened with the product and to me that's fabulous! Gone are the days of using only the corner of an entire pre-moistened makeup remover towelette or spilling product onto a cotton round! These are great for travel or just to keep in your medicine cabinet. They work exceptionally well without drying out the skin around your eye or being too harsh. I'm definitely loving this product!

So that's it! I hope you check out my favorites for this month! Also there a few new videos up that I would love for you to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment