Monday, October 25, 2010

Get Involved: The Beauty Movement


A few weeks ago I wrote a blog post dedicated to my buyer's remorse and tossing guilt. I have a decent variety of hair products, face products, and makeup that I don't plan on using anymore, but are barely used. I researched online for a place to donate these items, but I couldn't find an organization online for that would take personal items such as lightly used eyeshadow.

On Friday I was fortunate enough to stumble up The Beauty Movement on Twitter - it was a match made in heaven! As their website explains...
"The Beauty Movement provides beauty and personal hygiene products as well as education and resources to women nationwide whose current situation does not allow them to afford these little luxuries." 
Exactly what I was looking for!

There are a variety of things you can donate from your own beauty collection:


I was so excited when I read the full list because it included all of the items that I knew I needed to part with, but couldn't just throw out. The products go to Women's Organizations and groups and no two baskets are ever the same!

If you'd like to participate in The Beauty Movement you can:
  • Make A Product Donation 
  • Donate Packing or Shipping Supplies 
  • All Donations Can Be Mailed to:
The Beauty Movement
1329 E Mission Grande Ave., Casa Grande, AZ 85122
  • Volunteer To Sort and Pack Boxes
  • Volunteer To Deliver Packages to Organizations or Women in Your Area
  • Organize A Beauty Product Drive or Other Event
  • Assist With Group Classes or Lessons
  • Media Assistance-Help Spread the Word
To find out more information, please click here.


If you choose participate you definitely would not be alone...

TBM has partnered with:
  • Urban Decay Cosmetics
  • Beauty From The Eath
  • Sigma Makeup
  • Milani
  • and so many more...

If you'd like to get involved right now consider the 

"We are holding a Facebook Beauty Product Drive in an attempt to fill 1000 boxes by Christmas to donate to womens's shelters, support organizations, and individuals across the country whose current situations do not allow them to afford these little luxuries!

You can help by donating new or gently used products and by purchasing raffle tickets!
For a list of acceptable products and the address where you can send donations, please visit our website: www.thebeautymovement.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Beauty-Movement/141106979258597

*FOR EACH PRODUCT DONATED YOU WILL RECEIVE 1 TICKET IN OUR RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
*REFER YOUR FRIENDS TO "LIKE" US ON FACEBOOK AND RECEIVE A TICKET FOR EACH ONE THAT DOES.
*PURCHASE ADDITIONAL RAFFLE TICKETS FOR $5 EACH OR 5 FOR $20 {To Purchase Raffle Tickets, Email makeupbyc@yahoo.com with the number of tickets you'd like to purchase and the email address you'd like your paypal invoice sent to}
All entries will be logged in our database and winners will be chosen by random.org and notified on December 1st, 2010.
RAFFLE PRIZES: {Keep watching, the list will grow as the contest goes on!}
*~* 1 Complete Sigma Brush Set*~* www.sigmamakeup.com"


How fabulous is that? I highly recommend that you check out TBM. I'm sure you have items in your collection that are ready for a new home! And what better time than now, right at the beginning of the holiday season, to get started!

Thanks for reading!
Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic
Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment