Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Everyday Look & Hair in Under 10 Minutes!

The look is simple and understated, the products are minimal, and the final look is perfect for the fall/winter months.

Whether it's school or work most of us have somewhere we have to be before 9:00 in the morning. And if you're anything like me you'd rather not waste those precious sleeping moments waking up twenty minutes early to put on a full face of makeup. Most of us have a signature look or an everyday routine that keeps us looking fresh and fabulous, but without killing the clock.

Since I am a makeup junkie (and darn proud of it! haha), I often switch up this signature look somewhat frequently. However, the products and final look that I outline below I've been sporting for over two weeks now; certainly a record for me in recent times! I made sure I gave you plenty of options to achieve this look! Lucky enough, most of my favorite products are under $15!

Face:
First, I put on Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer, SPF 30 and work that on my face. This is a tinted moisturizer and it's just enough coverage to make me feel comfortable and confident. The color is light and moisturizer is hydrating. I love the subtle shimmer effect. Don't worry, your face does not look like a glittery mess, I promise! 
Next I use large powder brush and sweep Revlon's PhotoReady Powder over my face. I love this light formula and easy application. After these two steps my face feels covered, but not heavy. Most days I skip the concealer, but for crazy dark circles or blemish days I use Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Concealer Set (this can also double as an eye primer).

Eyes:
For my eyes I begin with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Next I use the earth tones from the NYX's 10 Color Palette in Secret World. About a month or so ago when I first got this palette I put a tutorial up here. Check that out for my exact eyeshadow application.The colors are fabulous and concentrated!
 If I'm really under a time crunch, I will sweep the 2nd to lightest shade across my lid and then work the darkest color onto my out corner; from there just Blend, Blend, Blend! *Slight warning - these colors do have a bit of glitter in them, if you want to opt out of that try MAC's Leopard Luxe Eye Shadow Quad. It's a similar color palette. In my opinion though NYX offers more bang for your buck. To finish my eyes I add a black eyeliner to my water line (the one I reach for a lot is L'oreal's Pencil Perfect Eyeliner).  To finish my look I coat on my absolute FAVORITE MASCARA to date, Maybelline's The Falsies Volum'Express Mascara. And that's it for your peepers!

3. Cheeks
Lately, I've been reaching for Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Blush in Peach Satin or NARS' Powder Blush Cheek Color in Deep Throat. I love the mousse blush because it's light and gives just enough pigment, plus the super easy application is a definite plus. I only own the mousse in Peach Satin (I do need to try another color!), but I'm absolutely in love with this shade! I have been also reaching for NARS' shade in Deep Throat. It has the subtle quality that I really enjoy from NARS' Orgasm, but without the shimmery effect. It also is a bit richer in color, which I like for the fall and winter months. And the best thing about these two products? They really do last all day!

4. Lips
The combination I've been loving and that I shouted out & showed in my Fall Favorites & Disappointments Video is NYX's Pumpkin Pie Lipstick & Lip Gloss 129 in Beige. Absolutely gorgeous! I suggest heading over to your local cosmetics store or NYX.com to check out their glosses and lipsticks. I find that their glosses are not sticky and look beautiful over their super creamy and rich lipsticks. NYX is probably one of my favorite brands for lip products. if you're more of a MAC girl, I'd suggest checking out Myth; but that's a little more matte than NYX's Pumpkin Pie Lipstick. I love keeping my lips subtle, but put together for my everyday look.





Hair: Braids! Braids! Braids!

Braids take a messy mop on top of your head and transform it into a style you wouldn't be embarrassed to leave the house with.

For a super quick hairstyle in the morning I pick one of the three:
The Lauren Conrad Braid
The Double Lauren Conrad Braid
The Fishtail Braid

And that's it! That's all you need to achieve my Everyday Look!


Thanks for reading!
Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic
Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

1 comment:

  1. Great and very informative blog! But when ppl start stopping you in eateries and ask how to do that fishtail braid, truly amazes me. Your simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete