Friday, October 15, 2010

Top Five Favorite Friday: Sephora Brand Items

Hi Everyone!

As beauty devotees have known for quite sometime Sephora is one of our very favorite places to be. Housed under one roof or on one online shop are hundreds of our favorite makeup and hair brands. However, some of us tend to forget that the biggest selection of makeup Sephora offers is by Sephora! Over the years I've tested out a multitude of Sephora brand items and here on my Top Five Favorites:

1. Flashy Liner
I originally tested Sephora's Flashy Liners when I purchased a set of them in mini form.  There are thirteen different colors to choose from and each is vibrant, concentrated, contain a bit of a metallic feel, as well as being very easy to put on. The pencil does not tug at your eyes at all. The color also stays all day, which to me is the most important (the fact that they are waterproof definitely does help I'm sure!). Each pencil is $8; totally within an average gal's budget! I definitely do recommend trying them out.





2. Makeup Palette To Go - Cool Tones
This palette by Sephora comes with eight shadows, a cheek color, and four lip glosses. I love love love this! It comes in one hide-and-seek palette and it's absolutely fantastic for travel! I actually keep it in my purse at all times because you never know when you're going to need a touch up. You can check out my video here where I describe how I use it's counterpart - Warm Tones! For $15 you cannot beat it!


3. Maniac Long Wearing Lipstick

This next Sephora brand item comes in ten different shades and for $12 it's absolutely perfect for everyday. Although I love shimmer, glitter, and gloss - it's nice sometimes to have a lip color that's a bit more subtle. This lipstick goes on very creamy and leaves a beautiful matte finish. I love that if you wanted to you could certainly add some sparkle, but that the lip color stands very well on it's own.







 4.  Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Oil-Free

This next item I first tried out last summer. It came as a free sample from an online purchase. The formula goes on light, but with enough coverage that would last you through an average day. I love that it has an SPF of 20 and that is oil-free. Although we think of tinted moisturizers as more summer related products, I really love them for the fall/winter months. I often layer a tinted moisturizer underneath my foundation to give my face extra hydration, especially for super cold dry days. Sephora gives you five different colors to chose from and at a price like $21 it's definitely worth checking out!




5. Vanity Brush Set
I purchased this brush set from Sephora last fall because I was very much in need of great travel set. For $48 I received six brushes: a Complexion (blush/powder) brush, a Concealer brush, a Pointed eye crease brush, a Flat eyeliner brush, a Eye blending brush, and a Smudge brush. The only difference between these brushes and the Sephora regular brushes is that the handle is smaller and easier to pack for travel. I think this is an amazing bang for your buck! Not only do you get six amazing brushes, but you get them for a great price! I don't only recommend this for the girl-on-the-go, but also the makeup guru to be; the gal who is just starting out. This is still one of my favorite sets, especially for travel!


So here you have it, my Top Five Favorite Sephora brand items! :)


Thanks for reading!
Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic
Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment