Thursday, September 23, 2010

MOR Cosmetics: Product Review & Contest!!!


Hey Everyone!

A little over a week MOR Cosmetics sent me a few products to try. You can watch me chat about them here or continue reading...

MOR Cosmetics is an Australian based company that was started by two designers in 1998. Since then they have built a globally recognized company offering a "range of innovative, luxury skin care, body care and pampering products" (morcosmetics.com).


Marshmallow Sugar Body Scrub 600g / 21.2 oz $32.00

 This scrub is from their Marshmallow Collection. The Marshmallow Collection "fragrance is collectively orchestrated with Vanilla Musk and Jasmine Flower that gloriously rapture in this pretty, feminine fragrance. Sugar dipped Rose petals with White Carnation and Cotton Candy play beautifully to create a deliciously sweet perfume."
As described on the site, the scrub is made up of "Sugar crystals drenched in Peach and Soybean and Macadamia oils gently work to exfoliate all skin types, while extracts of Apricot and Mango and Marshmallow Flowers partner to soothe and softly nourish."

My immediate reaction to this product was that the scent is extremely strong, almost a bit too powerful. Although, the scent is extremely pleasant, I felt that it seemed a little heavy. That evening I tested it out in the shower. The fragrance stayed quite vibrant, however it slowly began to mellow out as I used the product. I think that's because on my skin it wasn't as concentrated as it was in the jar. Unlike other body scrubs that I've used, the sugar is very fine and not all abrasive. It also has somewhat of a warming touch to the skin and makes you feel very much like you are in a luxury spa. Once I got out of shower my skin felt exfoliated and soft. Furthermore, the scent I had been so worried about before perfectly intertwined with the oils in my skin and created a beauty feminine scent. It was not all strong. I usually shower at night and I noticed the next day at work my skin still held the scent. Usually when I use a scrub, the scent washes down the drain with the scrub. To make sure this is an outcome I should expect every time, I used the scrub every other day for about a week. Now, I can use a fragrance free body lotion post showering instead of a scented variety (which at times can bother my super sensitive skin). I'm very pleased with this product and I definitely do recommend if you're interested in trying a new scrub to check this one out.



Lip Delight Passionflower Lip Delight 10g / 0.35 oz $10.00
  
The next product that I had the luxury of trying was the Lip Delight in Passionflower. There are seven varieties of  Lip Delights on the MOR website.  The tin is exceptionally cute and chic. That alone would make me want to toss this balm into my favorite clutch and head out for the evening. Sometimes balms/lip moisturizers work fabulously, but they're not at all attractive. You're not going to whip it out a Chapstick at a black tie event, wedding, or a classy dinner with friends. The scent is, again, a little bit strong, but lovely nonetheless. It goes on exceptionally smooth and easy. There is no sticky residue. It's also colorless, therefore it can be easily added to your favorite shade of lipstick. I really love how this product stays on my lips and my lips feel immediately hydrated and moisturized. This is definitely not just the case of some fabulous packaging.




 Marshmallow Lip Balm 13g / 0.5 oz $21.00


This balm, like the scrub, is from the Marshmallow collection. The tin is adorable and packaging is really quite divine. This would be a perfect gift for a friend and something I'm definitely happy to keep with me everyday. The scent is clean, light, and fresh. Out of the three products, this is the scent I adore the most. Like the Lip Delight, the product goes on smooth and easy. It's not sticky at all. My lips totally feel quenched after using this product. 



CONTEST TIME

As I like to do with any products that I have sent to me, I like to share them with you! 

The winner will receive a jar of the Marshmallow Sugar Body Scrub AND a  Marshmallow Lip Balm.

How to Enter:

Check out my video about MOR here, subscribe to my YouTube channel, and write "enter me" in the comments below.

OR Subscribe to my blog and write "enter me" right here in the comments to this post. 


I will pick and announce a random winner in about a week.

Please check out the rest of the large variety of products at MOR.
Follow their tweets @MORCosmetics 

Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic
Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

xo!
A

10 comments: