Monday, September 6, 2010

Two Non-Beauty Items a Beauty Girl Must Have!

So it's no shock that I bought ALL of the September issues of our favorite magazines. There's nothing like the rush of getting your 4+ dollars worth! Over 300 pages of couture ads, how-to's, fall fashion spreads, and more!

While reading Cosmo I noticed this barely-an-article "Two items that solve tons of emergency body problems and fit in your clutch!" Now I usually don't read every nook and cranny of my magazines, but this definitely caught my eye.

I thought I'd share with you all you can do with baby powder and scotch tape; according to Cosmo and commented on by me.


Baby Powder
  • "Sops up sweat and odor from your pits, cleavage, or crotch."
    • Now I'm not sure I'll be carrying around baby powder to dump down my pants before sexy time with a new guy, but it's good to know that in a pinch I have that option. How many times have you gone over your new guy's place in the dead of summer? Honey and his roommate can barely afford the six pack of Miller Lite in the fridge, so you know that AC is not on! While sticking your head out the bathroom window in order to relieve yourself from the heat and hoping your makeup hasn't completely slid down your face, you notice the BP. A little tab here, a little tab there and you're starting to resemble the girl who left her 72 degree apartment three hours ago and less like the girl who just left the gym.
  • "Degreases your hair."
    • I've heard this trick before and although I know it would end with a disastrous amount of BP in my hair, it's good to know and a fabulous fix. Not many dry shampoo's come in little containers like travel BP does. Also, if you lose it you don't really much mind. Win, Win.
  • "Eases irritation from thighs rubbing after walking around in a skirt all day."
    • I'm not sure that most girls would admit this, but even the skinny ones get "chub rub" from time to time. And we know by hour four of the historical walk through of Washington D.C. in the middle of July our thighs be a burnin'. Nobody will miss you if you dodge into President Washington's old 1776 bathroom to sooth a pretty intense case of uni-thigh.
  • "Helps keep your sheets cool and dry if you're hooking up on a hot night."
    • No comment. I mean I can't even comment ...who the f...what the f...when the f...? Let's believe Cosmo on this one. 
  • "Stops a cut from bleeding."
    • You're sitting in the reception area before a big interview and that bug bite on your leg just NEEDS to be scratched. Moments later you have a trail of blood inching down your leg or a bright yellow Wendy's napkin stuck or your calf all while hyperventilating in panic as they call your name ... OR...you use some BP. Problem-o solved.
Scotch Tape
  • "Doubles as a bandage."
    • We've all made a makeshift bandage out of Scotch Tape and it's most likely we'll make one again. Definite plus to have with you.
  • "Twarts ingrown-nail pain."
    • Wrap a few pieces around that PITA (pain-in-the-ass) toe and you're set for a few more hours in shoes that are too sexy, but not too comfy.
  • "Prevents nipples chafing from the inside of your bra."
    • Okay, okay Cosmo I believe you. I've never had this problem, but if you're a girl that has, ST is for you!
  • "Gives slippery shoes traction (use double stick)."
    • Done it. It works. Use it. Do it.
I love these two items because they're both small and easy to carry. Also you can find both in so many places, and they fix things that could potential kill the mood, the day, or your self esteem.

Need to buy them right now in bulk?!?!


haha... okay maybe you don't, but I hope you liked this these little tips!

Remember that My Pixi Contest to *WIN* a Natural Mineral Kit is going on now until 9/20 find out how to enter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTX8Ve...

Tweet? Tweet? http://www.twitter.com/makeup_chic

Want to watch me chat? Check out: http://www.youtube.com/leira821




xo!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment