Monday, September 13, 2010

The Great Debate: Facial Mask or Peel?

Usually while Brad and Rachel "go bananas" over an Armani Prive dress or "The Situation" is "creepin" at B.E.D,  I'm treating my face to some TLC.

For you non-reality T.V. junkies out there let me translate for you: about twice a week I treat my face to a mud mask or facial peel.

In recent months I've been using Queen Helene's Peel Off Mask with Grape Seed Extract for under $4.00 or Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask for $5.99 to add something extra to my skin care routine. I completely believe that you don't have to spend a fortune in order to have your skin looking vibrant and clean. I usually finish this face lovin' off with Olay Complete All Day UV Defense Moisture Lotion, Sensitive Skin, with a SPF of 15.

In the summer I use these masks to eliminate extra oils and grease and in the fall it's to add a little necessary hydration. However, I use them both to do something that each promise to accomplish: rid my skin of acne causing bacteria, unclog my pores, soothe and tone my skin all the while leaving my face feeling radiant, soft, and rejuvenated.

To you non-makeup crazies out there, you may not understand my plight. You may be reading and thinking that I'm using two different products to do the same thing, why do you need both? Do they make your skin feel different? Does one make your face feel better? The answer is no.

After I wash off the Mud Mask my skin feels soft and clean, strangely clean. After I peel off the Queen Helene Mask my skin feels soft and clean, strangely clean.

Hm, I'm seeing something similar happening...

Now I'm not a dermatologist, I'm just a girl trying to avoid breakouts, tired eyes, and dry skin. So as Ronnie put his face "between a cocktail waitress' breasts," I started thinking about the two different processes that gave me the same results.

Although I love peeling off the mask (as if I'm actually peeling and lifting out bacteria from my pores), it's a pain in the ass! Inevitably you're going to need a mirror, you can't really peel while watching Zoe go "literally" crazy about Milan Fashion week. And more likely than not the next morning I usually find a piece or two left on my face. Furthermore the picking at the pieces seem to irritate my skin just a bit. While I don't totally enjoy slathering the Mud Mask onto my face, the clean up process is quite simple; splash of water here, splash of water there ...all done! For the same results, I think the Mud Mask is the way to go.

What do you think? Am I missing something? For under $10 dollars conduct your own experiment & tell me how it works out!

Remember that My Pixi Contest to *WIN* a Natural Mineral Kit is going on now until 9/20 find out how to enter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTX8Ve...

Tweet? Tweet? http://www.twitter.com/makeup_chic

Want to watch me chat? Check out: http://www.youtube.com/leira821

1 comment: