Saturday, September 11, 2010

Urban Decay, NYX, & OPI Haul!


So I hoped some of you are here reading this after I fooled you during this my YouTube video!

Sorry about that...but c'mon reading my opinions is much less annoying that listening to them, right? haha.

And if you did stumble upon this blog not from the haul video, thank you for stopping by!

*Excuse my stove in the pictures, it was just the best surface to take the pic!*

I absolutely love HauteLook.com because once in a while they have a fabulous sale on a great makeup brand. Most recently it was Urban Decay. Due to this amazing sale I was able to pick up many more things than I would ever be able to if I attempted to buy retail.  If you'd like to see me ramble about the products below, check out my video!


Urban Decay



Sting is a deep cranberry color with subtle flecks of shimmer, definitely good for an outer corner color. Adore is a very pigmented navy blue color, hawt for a smokey eye. Heat is comparable to NYX's rust and a great stable color. The two smudge pencils are true to the color above and I'm interested to see how they work on my lids. As for the loose powders, Smog is a very glittery deep gold color while Goddess is an extremely dark purple-ish black. I smudged them both out on my hand and think they may actually look beautiful on my lids. If it works out, I'll definitely do a tutorial. The powder blush in Score reminds me very much of NARS' Orgasm, so I'll have to let you know if it really does compare.



NYX &OPI



 I love NYX Lipsticks because they are rich, creamy and long lasting. India is a very pretty pinky pink, while Peachy is much more subtle. I'm very excited to add them to my collection. The shadow is the absolute perfect highlight and inner corner color, I'm sure you'll see it in my videos. The four pencils are pretty muted earth tones, which will be just what I'm looking for this fall. I can't wait to try the Doll Eye mascara, as people have been raving about it for ages. The two blushes I'm interested in juxtaposing one a another. I'd love to see how NYX's cream pigment holds against the powder. They are somewhat similar colors, so I may have one on each cheek for a day! haha. I'm always into trying various liquid eyeliners, so far Maybelline Stiletto Liquid Liner in Blackest Black has won over my heart, so I'm curious to see how NYX will compare.


As for the two OPI Shades, Bubble Bath is a very neutral/subtle pink color and could easily be the base for a french tip of a color of your choice. And well, the other one is HOT-HOT-HOT! A very fun pink! I love to keep summer colors on my toes all throughout the winter, it makes me feel less cold - if that makes any sense!

So there you have it! My most recent purchases!



Remember that My Pixi Contest to *WIN* a Natural Mineral Kit is going on now until 9/20 find out how to enter:



Want to watch me chat? Check out: http://www.youtube.com/leira821


xo!
A

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ariel!! Great haul-- by the way, OPI Bubble Bath is one of my favorite pink nudes! I posted a pic on my blog today of my nails done in that with glitter tips... definitely HAWT! :) I can't wait to hear your thoughts on NYX Doll Eye, I've been curious about that as well. PS- now that I'm back from vacation, I'm thinking of collab ideas, I will email you in the next day or two! xoxo Emma

    ReplyDelete