Thursday, November 4, 2010

Top Five Favorite Friday: Lip Combos!

Hey Everyone!

It's Friday once again! I hope you all had a good week, mine was tumultuous to say the least. I'll be very happy to sleep in tomorrow :)

My post today calls out my Top Five Favorite Lip Combinations! Below are the pairings I have been swapping on and off for quite some time now. I'm sure out of the five you'll definitely see at least one that interests you. There are days/looks that call for a nude lip, a girly lip, a night out lip, a date night lip, and an everyday lip. Please enjoy!

1. A Nude Lip
This first combination is my absolute favorite nude lip. I love MAC's Myth Lipstick, but I don't love quite how nude it is. As a girl with a plump pout and naturally pink lips, it's sometimes difficult for me to pull off a nude lip. However, I've found that if I layer a nude lipstick, such as Myth with a slightly tinted gloss, like NARS' Chihuahua, I'm left with a nude lip that isn't too terribly matte. This lip is absolutely gorgeous with a traditional smokey eye.

2. A Girly Lip
When I want a day of shopping with my girls or I'm wearing something really feminine, I gravitate towards this lip combination. I first put on MAC's Pro Long Wear in Overtime. This is a nice creamy lipstick line from MAC and I love it's longevity. Next I layer on top NYX's Smokey Look gloss. NYX has some of the prettiest glosses and a very wide variety of them! Furthermore, they're really affordable! And for me, affordable means I can afford to lose them. I lose everything! I'd much rather have a $5 gloss in my purse than a $25 gloss any day!

3. A Perfect Everyday Lip
If ever there were only one lip combo to choose from this one would be it. This lip gives me that  almost nude lip I crave, but without being nude at all. The lipstick is an extremely creamy nude/peach and the gloss matches perfectly. I wear this lip a lot when I'm at work or amongst people I want to look polished around, but I don't necessarily want my makeup to take center stage.

4. A Date Night Lip
I know what you're thinking; you've read in magazines that you're supposed keep your lips pretty nude for a date. Well, ladies - I disagree! I love layering a deep pink underneath a subtle pink gloss. When I meet that special someone out I want my lips to be girly, but playful. Using a deep mauve/pink color helps you achieve that look. And let's be honest, after drinks, dinner, and dessert don't you think your lipstick will have worn away a bit? You'll be perfect for that goodnight kiss!

5. A Night Out Lip
You knew a red lip was going to fall in line somewhere, right? I'm absolutely in love with Stila's Paint Your Pout Red Palette and even more in love with the Cool Red shade. Using a lip brush I first outline my lips and then fill. I skip the liner and instead use concealer, and with a brush, sharpen the line around my lips. Then I take MAC's gloss and highlight the center of my lips. This creates extra shine as well as the illusion of extra fullness. Perfect for a night out!


And there you have it! My Top Five Favorite Lip Combos!

Remember my Smashbox Contest is Going On!




CLICK HERE TO
ENTER TO WIN!








xo A
Thanks for reading!
Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic
Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment