Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Favorite Nail Polishes - Right NOW!

Hi Everyone!
When it comes to shoes, handbags or even nail polishes colors I'm a repeat offender. If I love a shade I tend to hold it near and dear to my heart. The following five polish shades are my tried and true absolute favorites for the fall months. They are perfect for work, a night out with the girls, a date with your beau, or just a lazy Sunday as you attempt to make some homemade pumpkin pie!


This first shade is OPI's Lincoln Park at Midnight. This shade has much more famous sister, perhaps you've heard of her? Lincoln Park After Dark. LPAM is a little less deep of a purple than After Dark, as it has a subtle iridescent quality to it that I really love. I often can't apply this bad boy myself - dark colors and steady hands go together like Turkey and Thanksgiving. I'm a Chicken. I can't usually get this color on my tiny grow-less finger nails. Maybe that's why I love love love this shade. I can only wear it on a special occasion or occasions where I have two hours to apply polish! This shade is perfect  for day or night and it yields a very sexy sophisticated quality.
OPI's I'm Not Really A Waitress is a color that I love for holiday parties with friends. It's almost a classic red, but with a punch. I love the shimmery quality and (for once) the super easy application. This color definitely reminds me the holiday season and it's perfect when you want to feel feminine, but sexy all at the same time. This polish color changes my mood in a heart beat. It's a super warm rich shade and although red tends is synonymous with chipping, OPI makes sure the shade lasts, lasts, lasts!




OPI's Yucatan If U Want is a deep mauve shade and it reminds me a day of apple picking! Since I'm an East Coast gal I can't help but to be suckered into fall foliage events and activities. I love this shade because it's not in your face at all. It's clean and warm.



Essie's Chinchilly is a gray color that I just can't seem to get enough of. I don't normally go for such a neutral color, however this color is definitely a subtle show stopper. When wearing this shade I've had people come up to me and asking what I'm wearing. Essie's polishes by far have the best non-chipping formula. I love way it goes with my entire fall wardrobe, but makes it's very own statement.

C'mon you'd know I'd have one classic fall color. This my classic red, Chanel's Image Rose. I love this for when I want to wear something that truly reminds me of holidays. Think Macy's Window, Madison Square Garden, and "A Christmas Carol." When I'm having an Audrey moment I reach for this color. You can't go wrong with a very sophisticated red on your nails.


So that's it - my favorite polishes right now! What are some of yours?

xo!

Thanks for reading!
Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic
Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment