Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In & Out Post: Fall Addition

IN
1. Gray Nail Polish Colors

I am absolutely in love with Essie's Chinchilly polish from the Cuddle with Color Fall 2009 Collection. I know I'm a little late loving this shade, but it's absolutely divine. Gray is definitely the new nail neutral and can't keep myself from wanting to reapply! Good thing I don't have to very often; this Essie polish lasts for days without chipping!

2. Cyber Monday

This is my holy grail! Forget Black Friday - Cyber Monday is where it's at! No lines, no people, just me and my merchandise! Lots of places are promoting free shipping too! Use sites like CyberMonday.com and RetailMeNot.com to find the best deals.  And just in case you do have to wake up at an ungodly hour in order to claim your prize online, don't worry! No freezing temps, no smittens or scarves - just you and your computer -- preferably before your boss walks in the door!

3. Target Slippers that are $83.01cheaper that UGG Slippers but look just as good!

Both are extremely comfortable, both you can wear outdoors, both come in a multiple of colors, and both are super cute! But one you can buy 5 pairs of for $100 dollars!

I've been in love with these Target slippers for probably four winters now. I've had them in tan, brown, black, and even gray! I absolutely love them and I don't feel bad when I toss them at the end of the season. I don't think my UGG pair would get much mileage at all, I'd be afraid to muss them up!

OUT
1. Really Puffy-Really Long-Down Jackets

I've seen too many sensible women - fashionable women - sporting these hideous coats. I understand your desire to be warm. But honestly, these so ugly I cannot handle it. What does it matter if you're rockin' some Jimmy Choo heels or a great scarf? When you're rockin' this f'ugly garment it doesn't matter.I know you want to keep your bum all warm, but seriously at the sake of looking appalling please don't! I know that there are super chic long down jackets, but my feeling is unless you're a tall lanky lil ol' thing the lack of shape in the coat really just makes you look like a blob (let me tell you from my own experience!) - a toasty blob, but a blob. Stick with a cropped down jacket - same warmth, less embarrassment.

2. Bath & Body Products as Gifts

I know some of you may be shocked to see this on here, but I know a lot of you aren't. I love giving and receiving presents for the holidays, however I am just SO OVER bath and body gift baskets. Okay, sure maybe I'll use the body wash or the body lotion, but I'm not going to use the 500 other things that come in the basket. I usually don't totally enjoy super fragrant things and these baskets usually stink to high heaven! Now, I'm definitely not a grinch, but I can't even pawn these gifts off to friends. Who wants to smell like an apple cinnamon pumpkin strudel?  Not I! (I do love the loofas they come with though!



And that's it! My little list of all the Ins & Outs this Fall! These are fun to do, so if you liked reading this leave me a comment and I'll make sure to write these more often!

xo!

Thanks for reading!
Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic
Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment