Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Perfect Holiday Outfit



As we're well into the holiday season I can't but help to find myself pursuing the racks for not only gifts for friends and family, but ensembles to wear to the variety of parties I've promised to attend.

Above is an outfit, hair, and makeup look that I think is totally posh, playful, and appropriate for any holiday soiree.

Let's start with the dress. The dress is a folded-sequin silk-organza dress is by Adam and absolutely beautiful. This is party piece itself! Layers upon layers of folded dark-purple/black and gold sequins! I love the simple V-neck, pleated skirt, and exposed silver zipper. This is such an understated statement piece and the classic shape would look quite lovely on a variety of body types.

I paired this dress with some delicious red pumps. These heels are by Yves Saint Laurent. I love mixing textures and these suede pumps are exquisite. Although the dress is full of bright sequins, I feel as though the two paired together look simply divine!

To accessorize I chose a subtle snake skin leather clutch from Intermixonline.com. Again, it's the  inconspicuous way you choose to mix and match textures that can really make an outfit.  I love the feminine envelope shape of the purse as well as the size. You'll be able to fit more than a $20 and your car key! - Ha! The best thing about this clutch though is that you can match it with very casual outfits as well. Very versatile.

Because the dress and shoes are such statement pieces, I didn't want to clutter the look with a ton of jewelry. I chose one large sapphire blue cocktail ring for the right middle finger. The love the classic, but sexy look of one large ring on your hand. I toned down this piece with a subtle nail polish color by Essie. This color is Sew Psyched from Essie's Fall 2010 collection. I love the rich gray tone. I have been absolutely obsessed with gray toned nail polishes, including another Essie Nail Polish entitled Chinchilly. OPI's You Don't Know Jacques! would work really well too!

As for hair and makeup, I thought a really tossled simple barely-there-updo would look sensational. Putting your hair up with really pretty bobby pins accented with silver rosettes would add a really finished touch. Try checking out this set by Paris, however I am very sure you could find something at a much more reasonable price! 

To finish the look you need the perfect makeup. I chose to use this palette by Lauren Luke entitled My Smokey Classics Palette.  My Smokey Classics Palette includes a bevy of complementary beauty essentials to create sultry eyes, flushed cheeks, and luscious lips. This palette includes two blendable shadow primers - Nude Slip Dark & Nude Slip Light, three flattering eye shadows - Antique Pewter, Twilight Ash & Cashmere Cream, one defining eyeliner - Raven Black, one contouring blush - Peach Glow, two luscious lip shades - Plumberry & Cranberry Stain, and one My Glossy Lips lip gloss in Sheer. What else could a girl ask for?

And there ya go! My idea of an absolutely perfect holiday outfit!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!
Tis' the Season!

Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic

Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment