Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2011 Winter Wearable Shoe Trends!

 

Hi Everyone!

So yesterday was officially the 1st day of Winter and I absolutely cannot believe how fast this year went! I feel like December is a pretty crazy month. If you work full time, you certainly don't want to work - you just want it to be the holidays already! If you're in colleg,e you scramble to finish up finals, so you can party with your friends and ring in the new year. And if you're still in school - you're basically falling asleep in class most of December waiting for the long anticipated break! 

The other day while at work -- not working, of course (c'mon I just explained the way December works to you!) I started to peruse the Internet and brush up on all the winter trends. I decided to share with you my top five favorite trends for Winter 2011 and how wearable they really are!

1. This first trend I fell in love with is the pump platform combo! Honestly, you add a platform at the toe to any shoe and it's instantly more comfortable! I decided to pick a shoe that fit this trend, but also had a little extra interest to it. I love the deep cobalt blue color as well as the simple crinkling/ruching around the back of the heel as well as on the stiletto. This pair are Vince Camuto's  Momas in Midnight at they're priced at $109.99 from Heels.com. The best thing about these pumps are their versatility. They can be worn as a neutral or a statement piece. I absolutely love them! Don't fret if blue is not your hue though, they come in black and charcoal too!

2.  Boots with hardware is another trend that caught my eye. I know Kors and few other designers love dressing things up with metal and steel, however I'm a little too girly to pull that off. So if you're like me, try sporting a boot like this pair of Carvela Sisley One Buckle Platform Ankle Boots. They're on sale now for $165! And that's totally affordable for a boot you plan to wear often, right? This fabulous boot with a 4inch heel can be, again, worn with a multitude of outfits for a wide variety of occasions - you can't go wrong! 

3. This third trend  is something that is not very trendy at all - the classic stiletto shoe. I feel as though this shoe style is timeless, however it's really being showcased for the Winter 2011 season. I decided to share with you the simple stiletto shape, but dress it up with some sparkly accessories! This pair of  Michael Antonio Lloyd Pump's are priced at a ridiculously reasonable $65! The dramatic pump boasts an upper covered with glitter, and a striking stiletto heel that's sure to make jaws drop. The heels measures approximately 4 1/2 inches and the comfy platform is roughly 3/4 inches. Don't worry if you're not a gold girl, the pump comes in black, red, and silver as well!

4. This fourth trend is probably the most wearable of all five I'm showing here for the winter season. It's a simple, yet elegant wedge boot.  This Rachel Zoe pick are Report's Bowie Boots for $89! I have this pair and I promise you that they are so incredibly comfortable! This boot hosts a 4inch heal and a slight platform at the toe. The boots are leather with a suede heel. Please don't think you can't pull off the suede wedge - it's subtle yet divine. These boots are absolutely perfect for going out, shopping with the girls, hitting up a local hot spot, or going out on a date with your beau! I love them! As Zoe would say "I die!" 

5. This last trend could definitely be one that people would shy away from. The two toned shoes that many of the designers are showcasing are often a little crazy, wouldn't you say? They're exquisite and beautiful, but not really wearable. That's why I've chosen to show off these Mojo Moxy Cinderella Triple Platform Pumps in Black Cat for $79! We're rockin' the two tone trend with something beautiful, sophisticated, and totally feminine! These pumps also come in a Champagne color, if Black Cat is not your style. These have a slight platform at the front as well so you'll be extra comfty.
This seasons shoe styles are brimming with choices and fantastic selections. It's fun to find affordable versions of the couture designer brands. It's difficult to choose though! Between the amazing fur boots by Chanel,  lace up boots by Fendi and Givenchy, and  boots with hardware from Kors and Pucci I could spend my yearly salary on just a few pairs! We can't forget the gorgeous stilettos designed by Prada and Nina Rich and the stiletto platform pumps by Dries Van Noten and Calvin Klein! How about the crazy and impressive wedges by Bottega Veneta and Marni? I think the most wild styles of the season are the color combinations from LV and Balenciaga! Too many options! Now if I only I had Lady Gaga's bank account!

So there ya go my favorite 2011 Winter Shoe Trends!
Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!
Tis' the Season!

Want to tweet with me? Follow me @Makeup_Chic

Want to watch me chat? Check out My YouTube Channel

1 comment:

  1. If black off shoulder dress keeps women a sense of mystery.Then lace top black dress shows the neat and pure of a girl.

    ReplyDelete